If you’re among the millions of people who reside in a mobile home, you most likely have an appreciation for simplicity. You can count on the practical and competitively-priced plans from our Santa Monica insurance center to keep your home covered- no strings attached. However, if you’re just starting down the mobile home road, let us help clear up some commonly asked questions about the insurance for these dwellings!
The Humble Abode for Hawthorne Residents
- Why is mobile home insurance different from traditional home insurance? Mobile homes are made with different types of materials to make them easier to transport once they’re assembled in a factory. They are lighter-weight and then tied down with anchors, and because of this unique setup, they have different risks than a site-built home.
- What type of mobile homes do you cover? Since the phrase “mobile home” covers a range of dwellings, our Allstate mobile home insurance covers stationary camper/travel trailers and rentals in addition to traditional mobile homes in the Santa Monica area.
- Do you cover mobile homes that are older? We do not place an age restriction on the homes we cover. However, if you’re looking for insurance in case your mobile home needs to be replaced, we only offer that on units that are 10-15 years old.
- What kind of optional insurance do you offer? We can supplement your mobile home insurance with optional endorsements for things such as hobby farming, equipment breakdown, or builder’s risk.
- Is mobile home insurance less expensive than homeowner’s insurance? It tends to be lower because the value of the structure itself is lower. The numbers tell the story. It really is hard to resist a mobile home!
We work hard to accommodate a range of conditions that every mobile home owner can face. Get a quote from Sully Insurance today to see how we can help you find an affordable insurance rate on your home!